How to apply
Application requirements are:
a) Must hold Peruvian nationality and 18-30 years old of age as of April 1, 2017 (i.e. born after April 2, 1986 and before April 1, 1999)
b) Must be physically and mentally fit to be able to endure the cruise, can follow a regimented program, and have the discipline to live harmoniously in a large group.
c) Must have sufficient command of English to participate smoothly in activities during the program, which include presentations and debates.
d) Should have active involvement in international exchange or youth activities locally, professionally or through school or youth/voluntary organizations, and who can be expected to continue to remain committed to such involvement upon returning home from the program.
e) Possesses strong leadership, communication and team working skills.
f) Must be able to participate in the whole program including the Preparatory Training in Lima (between September and December 2017).
Individuals who meet the above mentioned requirements can apply by following the application procedure:
Procedure for the application payment and application process
In order to apply to SWY 30, you must follow these 3 initial steps:
1. Registration payment*: Applicants who live in Lima and the constitutional province of Callao must pay an application fee of S/. 30.00 peruvian nuevos soles. This payment in non-reimbursable and will cover the costs associated to the selection process.
*Applicants that live outside of the Lima region are exonerated from this payment.
2. Complete the Applicant Data form: In this form you will provide us with your personal data, contact information and the transaction number that corresponds to the payment of your application fee.
3. Present your application form and recommendation letters: You must deliver these documents between the 10th and 15th of July at the Centro Cultural Peruano Japonés (Av. Gregorio Escobedo 803, Jesús María).The opening hours are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (from Monday to Friday) and from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm (Saturday). The application deadline is Saturday 15th of July at 1:00 pm (13:00 EST). Applicants outside of Lima and Callao will send their application documents to the Centro Cultural Peruano Japonés (Av. Gregorio Escobedo 803, Jesús María) as well. These documents must arrive before Saturday 15th of July at 1:00 pm (13:00 EST).
Instructions for paying the application fee:
The application fee must be done in the following way:
Deposit (ventanilla) or transfer (via internet) to the account of SWYAA Peru:
BCP Ahorro soles: 19333564464097
Alexandra Gutierrez Traverso (DNI 70462706)
Rodrigo Coquis Sánchez-Concha (DNI 47368525)
A copy of the payment voucher must be included in the file with the application documents that will be presented at the Centro Cultural Peruano Japon´s.
Instructions for completing the Applicant Data form:
After paying the application fee, applicants must complete the Applicant Data form: https://goo.gl/forms/ZUtcD7rzIcBh6MBf2. In this form, candidates will indicate their personal data, contact information and information pertaining to the payment of the applicant fee. Applicants that live in provinces outside of Lima and Callao and have been exonerated from the application fee will find instructions to complete the information related to the payment.
Instructions for delivering the application form and reference letters:
After completing the payment of the application fee and the Application Data form, the last phase of the application process is to deliver the Application Form and Reference Letters (2) at the Centro Cultural Peruano Japonés (Av. Gregorio Escobedo 803, Jesús María).
About the Application Form:
The application form must be completed in English, with a computer and using Adobe Acrobat Reader (forms that are presented handwritten will not be accepted).
The applicant code must be completed with your National Identity Document number (número de DNI).
Download the Application Form here.
About the Reference Letters:
Applicants must present two reference letters completed in Spanish:
- - The first reference letter must be completed and signed by an authority of the institution to which the applicant belongs. It may be from their university, faculty, institute, NGO, youth organization, arts organization, sports organization, etc. This referee should be able to endorse the applicant in representation of the institution.
- - The second application form may be completed and signed by an immediate supervisor, colleague or professor of the applicant.
Each form must be delivered in a signed and sealed envelope along with the application form.
Download the Reference Letter template here.
What should the application file contain?
- - Printed application form.
- - Two reference Letters (signed and sealed by each referee)
- - Copy of the payment voucher of the application form.
The application deadline is Saturday 15th of July at 1:00 pm (13:00 EST).
After submitting your application, the SWYAA Evaluation Committee will revise all documents and make a first selection of applicants that will pass through an interview process in early August. The selection process will then continue with a psychological test and a full day of leadership activities. The final stage will be an interview with a panel composed by Japanese Embassy officials. The whole selection process should finish by the end of August. Neither SWYAA Peru, nor the Japanese Embassy, will maintain any communication with applicants during this process. Only selected applicants who advance to further stages will be contacted.